Useful links for RoboHelp 8 and the Technical Communication Suite 2
I came across a post today from someone looking into the features that RoboHelp had over other HATs. Apart from pointing them to the HAT Matrix, I also offered my personal perspective on what RoboHelp and the Technical Communication Suite could do based on their requirements. John Daigle also posted a response listing the resources below. I am reproducing them for anyone else needing guidance in the future.
- Adobe RoboHelp 8 Reviewer’s Guide: A major document highlighting all the new features of RoboHelp 8 and RoboHelp Server 8 and how they can be used to increase your productivity. Included inside are various “Try It” exercises for some of the features.
- “Try it” exercises: These are a set of exercises that you can use to see for yourself the benefits of RoboHelp as described in the reviewer’s guide. An excellent way to familiarise yourself with the new features.
- 7 x videos of the new RoboHelp features: A set of Captivate videos each of which describes a new feature of Robohelp 8.
- RJ Jacquez’s blog: RJ is the Adobe Technical Communication Suite Evangelist and has lots of using information to hand. Also follow him on Twitter (rjacquez).
- RJ’s Webinars: RJ frequently performs online training sessions that are recorded for later use. These are a great way to see the features of the Technical Communication Suite at your leisure.
- Adobe Technical Communications Suite blog: Finally a blog with posts by the Adobe RoboHelp engineering team.
In addition to the above links, there are a number of blogs written by RoboHelp, Captivate, FrameMaker and Acrobat users. These are numerous, but for starters check out the “Forums and Blogs” section of the relevant Abobe Help & Support link on the right hand panel of this blog. For my personal experiences of migrating to RoboHelp 8 from RoboHelp X5, click here.
- Introducing Adobe Technical Communication Suite 2.5, now with Photoshop CS5 and Captivate 5 [VIDEO] (blogs.adobe.com)
- TCS 2.5 has arrived! (blogs.adobe.com)